- Get a patient ready for the surgery process.
- Answer patient queries regarding the surgery and prepare them mentally to withstand the rigors of the surgery.
- Administer required medicines before surgery and note their vital signs.
- In case of any abnormality is noticed in the patient, report it to the surgeon.
- Make the operation room ready for the surgery. Arrange all the necessary tools and put them in place. Ensure safety for all personnel and patient in the operating room.
- Check and make sure that all operation room equipments are in good condition and functioning properly. Any problem with equipment should be reported to technicians and repaired immediately or make stand by equipment available. The operation should take place smoothly.
- Assist the surgeon and provide the right surgical tools as the surgeon may need them during operation.
- Work with full cooperation with other operation room staff to ensure smooth operations.
- Keep checking and monitoring the vital signs of the patient during operation.
- Take care of the patient. Keep checking and monitoring the vital signs and health condition of the patient after the operation. Administer medicines as prescribed.
- Inform the patient about restriction of movement and other measures that should be followed
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks, according to OT protocols
- Ensure adherence to relevant quality standards in all processes
- Record vital signs of the patient in EMR/ specific files as applicable
- Ensure overall hygiene and waste management process, as per protocol within the OT.
- Assist in maintaining adequate staffing in the unit so as to ensure continuity of OT work at all times
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Medical / Healthcare / Hospitals
Functional Area:Medical, Healthcare, R&D, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
Role Category:Medical Professional
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Any Specialization, Nursing
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
At Zydus Hospitals, we invest in our people and believe that true value is unleashed by channeling the each employees potential. As a prospective employer, we extend the opportunity to learn from the various exposures and challenges in our businesses. We are a performance driven organization and ensure that the value created by each employee is acknowledged and suitably rewarded. Zydus Hospitals is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by country, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job. We also believe in nurturing our employees and make each employee feel valued for their unique and important contribution to our growth.